Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Holistic View

The reason I initially decided to make this website was because I realized many of my friends coming out of college didn't have an overall view of how they should be planning their finances.  Many people were missing simple concepts that were making their financial future extremely risky for minuscule additional returns in investing. 

Examples of problems I saw included people that were thinking about playing the stock market before they had sufficient health care benefits, people that were thinking they needed life insurance before they were married, as well as people who were putting all their money in investments without a sufficient cash cushion for emergencies.

In the future I will surely discuss stock, bond, mutual fund, etc. investing but I think before that people need to understand some risk basics and evaluate whether they are in a position to invest. 

I would like to make it clear as well, if someone would like a specific question answered just comment or sent me an email and I will be happy to either answer it or if it is a common question make an entire post about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment